Content Development Process
- April 17, 2018
- Posted by: infodev
- Category: Content Writing
A well-approved saying is- content is the King, and to be a king content should have the quality of King to rule by and a well-planned flow, researched, and depth content to impact the masses across the globe. In this post, you will learn in detail about the content development process which will help you to organize your content development journey.
Everything on the web is a content but not everything is reliable, backed with facts, and has the capability to hold the audience for a long time.
Only quality matters and the rest is garbage. Quality and authenticity grabs the eyeball and gives the content the required attention for which it is called the King.
For an outstanding content, it is necessary to follow the basic steps required to produce a content that is relevant, connects to the audience, and creates an impact.
Content development involves five steps that would help to create and develop an awesome content for any business, blog or web platform.
These are simple but yet rewarding steps for your quality content. If followed with sincerity the end result is definitely going to be the masterpiece.
Beginning of a task with a plan is the work half done. When we plan to write a content we should consider
- Who are the readers or the target audience? Knowing your audience and need is the half battle won.
- Who is going to consume and benefited from your content?
- Knowing your audience gives a better idea to decide what to write and in which way. It also helps to decide where we should write to reach them easily.
If I am writing a medically oriented blog on travel website no one is going to read it.
Writing for kids but in a complex language, it’s a waste of time.
If we get to know the reader these problems can be avoided at the very first step. Your content will be better perceived by the reader.
- What to write?
- It is an important question because ideas are scattered everywhere but to choose the write one that fulfils the motive is a wise selection.
- If we are convinced about what to write it becomes easy to move further in the right direction without deviation.
Clarity on the topic lays the foundation for further research on the same direction. Getting the relevant data only happens when we have a clear picture of what to write.
- Why should we write? The motive behind the writing is very important to get the writing flow and necessary inputs for a deeper impact.
- It will also help us to set the correct tone.
We have to be clear whether the writing fulfils the business goals and the desired results we are expecting. The writing should go in the direction that gives positive results towards the expected goal.
- When should we write?
- It refers to the time being in which we are writing.
- Writing should be updated and contemporary. We shouldn’t write about an older version of a tool used two years ago, people would like to read about the latest version.
Outdated writing is close to irrelevant writing. Keep yourself updated in your niche and it will add value to your content.
After planning the writing, a lot of research work needs to be done.
- Gathering information
- Latest trends
- Finding hot topics
- Supporting facts
- Keyword search
- Using research tools like BuzzSumo, Ubersuggest, MozBar etc.
Research gives you the data and facts based on which you can feed your content.
Make a checklist of your research and analyse it.
You can take a help of free or paid keyword research tools.
Invest some time on Quora to understand what your audience is reading.
Well-equipped with the prior planning and research now it’s time to develop the content. The most crucial part, because the deviations must be sidelined and the focus should be on writing the relevant content.
Think before writing and follow few thumb rules to add an awesomeness to your creation.
- Avoid grammatical mistakes
- Say no to plagiarism
- Present relevant facts and data
- Avoid complex writing
- Check readability
- Maintain clarity throughout the content
- Avoid being verbose
- Write in a correct format
Put yourself in the reader’s place and most of the answers will be clear to you.
People look for a content that is concise but with clarity. Correct grammar increases credibility.
Complex writing can confuse the readers, sometimes causing misinterpretation. Positive writing energises the reader.
Whatever you write should follow the protocol of that kind of writing.
Any writing needs a proofreading. Proofreading ensures that no mistake has been done in writing the content. In case it happened, edit and correct it. It also gives us an overview as to how the content feels to the reader.
Is it compelling enough or just another similar content on the web? In this step, we can correct all the flaws and present an awesome content to the viewer.
It is the step that helps us reach the audience, particularly the target audience whom we want to read it and react.
Publish your content on different channels where the inflow of your relevant audience is maximum.
Social media acts as an important tool here to spread your content to the remotest corner.
Guest blogging is one of the methods to target new readers. Read more about guest blogging.
Think, explore, act, revise and spread is the fundamental of content development life cycle. Create a content following these parameters and be a content master.