As your technical writing mentor, Information Developers Foundation mission is to help you identify your strength and implement a system and groom you that enables you to become a successful technical writer. Welcome the opportunity to learn with the team of individuals who are serious about improving their technical writing skills and embark on the journey of success. -Team IDF
Professional Technical Writer
Professional Technical Writer
Professional Technical Communicator (PTC)
Discover how you can earn your Professional Technical Writer (PTW) certification.
An IDF Certified Technical writer can effectively curate technical documents using the basic and advanced level of authoring tools.
Benefits of earning a Professional Writer Certificate from IDF:
- You are now an industry-recognized technical writer.
- Access to a most vibrant group where all your queries will be answered.
- Multiply your career prospects by staying relevant and marketable across all industry sectors.
- Validate to employers and peers your attainment of core technical writing knowledge.
- Learn the foundation of technical writing and the scope of the technical writers from the experts.
- Our syllabus is a living document which is updated with every version. Yes, we cover chatbot and Animated GIF also.
Engage with a community of recognized technical writer experts who are committed to continuous improvement.
With your IDF certification, you will also have access to a 2-year membership with IDF.
Through this membership, you can join local user groups, online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on gatherings, and additional member-only resources.
In addition, you can use a specially designed logo to highlight their credentials.
Requirements for IDP certification
Who can take up these programs?
- Recently-graduated students with a Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, Technology or Commerce. MBA graduates can especially benefit.
- Working people who need to switch their careers because of no career growth in their present job. A majority of this category belongs to the BPO sector, Medical
- Transcription industry, Journalism, Technical Support, Software Developers and Software Quality specialists.
- Individuals who have stopped working for some time for family and relocation reasons and NOW wish to get back to a professional life (has proven very beneficial for mothers who have given up their careers to start a family)
- Self-motivated individuals who believe in sharpening and updating their skills for their professional growth.
- (We have even had entrepreneurs take up this program and hugely benefit their organizations!!)
Criteria to Start the Program
- You must be a graduate in any discipline or pursuing a graduation.
- You should have a good command over the English language with a basic understanding of sentence construction and grammar.
- You must have the working knowledge of using a computer.
What do you do after you receive your certificate?
Being relevant for the industry is a lifelong journey. Incorporating documentation principles and practices into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement. Further enhance your knowledge and skills by:
- Joining the IDF LinkedIn group.
- Sharing your experience with the IDC community by contributing an article to our website.
- Attending IDF Gatherings.
- Gaining the experience and expertise to become an Expert Information Developers.
- Marketing yourself by letting others know about your accomplishments with an IDP certificate, IDP logos, and an active, editable profile on the IDF website.
Are you ready to advance your career with the Information Developers Foundation certification? If you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com
Section 1: INTRODUCTION AND CONCEPTS OF COMMUNICATION
Section 2: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
Section 3: ESSENTIALS IN TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
Section 4: ENGLISH GRAMMAR FOR TECHNICAL PUBLICATION
Section 5: COMPONENTS OF DIFFERENT TECHNICAL DOCUMENT
Section 6: CONTENT DEVELOPMENT
- Title page
- Legal notices
- Table of contents
- List of tables
- List of figures
Section 7: PROOFREADING AND EDITING TECHNIQUE
Section 8: ADVANCE WORD CONCEPTS WITH SCREEN CAPTURING
Section 9: SOFTWARE AND TOOLS
Section 10: INTRODUCTION TO DITA AND API DOUMENTATION
Section 11: BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
Section 12: CROSS FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
Section 13: STEP TO DOCUMENTATION LEADERSHIP
Section 14: RESUME DEVELOPMENT AND INTERVIEW SKILL
Section 15: ASSESSMENT