Learn RoboHelp- 2017 & 2019
Bonus- Introduction to Madcap Flare
Trainer- Rahul Karn
Date- To be announced
Time- 9:30PM-11:00 PM
For detail Syllabus call – 7428812804 or 7840841999
The outcome of the Course will be
You will be intermediate level expert of RoboHelp and can become expert after practicing for one month on any project.
You will be certified RoboHelp practitioner from Information Developers Foundation.
Access to private Library
1-1 counseling with Rahul Karn
Interview question of RoboHelp
Certification from IDF
You can watch Introduction Video of RoboHelp 2019 on our Facebook group.
NEWS- Adobe Release Technical communication Suite-2019
Adobe released a new version of the technical communication suite. Last week I was introduced to it in a partner program and found it impressive. A lot of improvements are in the FrameMaker. Hopefully, this release will be a game changer for the Adobe and will make the life of technical writers easier. Professional writers will be able to generate output fast and will able to produce more customized content.
It was fun to be the part of AdobeDay 2018 at Bangalore
What is a help authoring tool?
Basic features of Help authoring tools
If you are new to the field of technical writing, consider reading our introductory guide for technical communicators.
Help authoring tools obtain their source text either by importing it from a file produced by another program or by allowing the author to create the text within the tool by using an editor.
File formats that can be imported vary from HAT to HAT, though they can include such formats as HTML, OpenOffice Writer, and Microsoft Word, and compiled Help formats such as Microsoft Compressed HTML.
The output from a Help authoring tools can be either a compiled Help file in a format such as Microsoft Compiled HTML Help (*.CHM) or non-compiled file formats such as Adobe PDF, XML, HTML, JavaHelp, EclipseHelp and so on…
Help authoring tools Beyond Help
Most help authoring tools provide extra functions such as:
- Automatic or assisted Index generation
- Automatic Table of Contents
- Spelling checker
- Image editing
- Image hotspot editing
Why do you need help authoring tool?
Authoring and content reuse.
Reduce Authoring time & Cost.
Importing and Publishing.
After a document is finished, reviewed and approved, we can quickly produce:
- Web (Context Sensitive help)
List of Help authoring tools
I can bet you will be surprised to know that in the market there are more than twenty help authoring tools providers.
How many of them do you know, try to recollect the name before you proceed?
Here is the list of more than 20 best help authoring tools :
- MadCap Flare-Respectively new to RoboHelp, but equally effective.
- AuthorIT– This component authoring tool is a robust alternative to RoboHelp.
- Dr.Explain -This is available in 9 languages.
- Help & Manual
- Doc-O-Matic- Version7 is available. I have used this tool for writing API tool, later switch to swagger.
- Help Generator
- HyperText Studio
- Precision Helper
- Sandcastle- It is a documentation generator from Microsoft that automatically produces MSDN style reference documentation.
- Shalom Help Maker
Unbiased Comparison of Help authoring tools
A downloaded trial version of all four software packages (RoboHelp, Flare, Author-IT, and HelpNDoc).Compared and evaluated them based on several factors including my personal experience with the program; program size; learning curve; user interface and usability; and bug encounters.
- Used the trial version
- Learned and compared features
- Match with our requirements, resource, and expertise
- Ask for demo and price quote
Before Comparison get sure your parameter because there are many parameters to compare like context-sensitive help, content management, Import feature, support workflow, price, hyperlinks, single sourcing features and more….
One of my clients, he was majorly concerned with the Simple features, Price, and support.
- After reviewing the four programs, I recommend Adobe RobrHelp. The easy user interface and excellent tutorial were by far the best of the four tools I used.
- It is easy to use, cost-effective and people are willing to sell it, and I found Adobe very prompt in replying mail and solving quires. Adobe sponsors and hosts a lot of webinars for information sharing.
- Like any tool, it can be learned and used. A lot of free resources are available. Finding and hiring RoboHelp expert is never a challenge.
Which authoring tools do you need?
You are the perfect person to answer which tool is best for you. Before jumping to the conclusion or asking anyone about the best HAT, please do keep these things in mind.
About Your Authoring Environment
1. What operating system do you use?
2. How many authors are–or will be–working on the project?
3. If the content already exists, what format is it in– (i.e., Word, FrameMaker, HTML)?
4. Do you use any Help authoring tool(s) y?
5. How familiar are you with HTML, CSS?
6. Do you have any budget constraints? (i.e., how much can you spend on a help authoring tool?)
About Your Help System:
1. How will the Help be delivered? Will it be printed, installed locally on users’ machines, or delivered on the Internet or enterprise intranet?
2. Do you need to deliver your content in multiple formats–for example, print or PDF and HTML Help?
3. Do you have any special look and feel requirements?
4. Do you need to create context-sensitive Help?
5. What operating systems do your users use?
If you identify your need, you will be able to choose your dream tool for online authoring.
Learn RoboHelp by yourself
I find some useful resource while learning RoboHelp. Sharing it with you. Hope it will make your learning easy.
Map IDs in RoboHelp11
If you have Map IDs and not able to test it. RoboHelp provides a wonderful tool to check it.
4) (Optional) Enter a Window name.
5) Click the map file icon and select a map file.
6) Click the triangle and select a map number.
7) Click Show Help.
If your map IDs are correctly attached to the individual topics, a window will open and display the correct topic for that Map ID number.